As the year swiftly and fleet-of-footly comes to a close, I am reminded of my many blessings. Please join with me as I count down my Top 10 Blessing of 2004:
10. I have a job where comments such as "I hate English!", "Shakespeare is so gay!", "Can I do extra credit?", and "Will this be on the test?" are thankfully absent from the conversation.
9. Since my trip to the gastroenterologist, my constipation issues are all but resolved. (Heh. That pun? Totally intended! Get it?! "All but resolved"? Har.)
8. I have a job that allows me down-time to update my newly-minted blog-sites. Eh? Eh?!
7. There is water here. Lots of water. And trees! Green ones! Pretty!
6. I haven't had to shop at, or even set foot in, a Super-Walmart yet. Because there are malls here. Big ones. Am I in heaven?
5. Um, did I mention the lack of constipation issues?
4. No one asks me every stinking day if Shakespeare was gay, and if so, why we have to learn about him and his works. Because he was gay. And wrote sonnets to men. And was totally gay.
3. I discovered that whistling on the Metro attracts attention. And any attention is good attention, right? Right?
2. I've come to realize how important my family is, and how much I miss them when I'm away from them.
1. My husband and kids are with me now, and we are happy together.