1. Stack dauntingly thick folders in a prominent place next to the computer. Stare at them thoughtfully.
2. Read the Fashion Police and Watch With Kristin chat transcripts on E!Online (Keeping abreast of current events = key).
3. Check my email. Check in with my Peeps. (Apparent industriousness is key.)
4. Hone my busy-walking skillz by taking three power laps around the cubicles, remembering to walk especially briskly as I pass boss's office. Maybe should carry a few legal pads. Oh, and a highlighter.
5. Work diligently on one of my dockets for a minimum of ten minutes, but no longer than forty-five minutes. (Pacing? Is key!)
7. Attempt to beat current high score of 1800 playing Jawbreaker on my HP iPAQ while daydreaming about how awesome the finale of American Idol will be and wondering if Bo will shave and if there will be gospel singers like in Season Two and whether my sweet Constantine will get to sing and what sorts of awesome outfits Carrie will be wearing and do these pants make me look fat because I totally think they make me look fat. This is called multitasking. (Challenging myself mentally is WAY key.)
8. Run downstairs to the fitness center for Power Step class. (Buns of Steel? Key.)
9. Eat some almonds and chocolate chips to keep up my energy.
10. Update my Weekly Activity Report (Remember, creativity is key!)
(Disclaimer: Of COURSE, this post is completely fictitious, bearing absolutely no resemblance to my actual daily work habits whatsoever. No, really. It is so utterly untrue. Absolutely false. Embellished for Artistic Purposes only. Except the Jawbreaker part. Oh, and the part about Buns of Steel. Really. I'm not kidding. LIES! ALL LIES!)
- Circus Kelli commented:
Apparent industriousness IS the key.
Um... not that I would know, you know...
- » 5/23/2005 7:29 AM
- Greenthumb commented:
Is there any other kind of industriousness? Because if I'm being left out on something here, I need to know. Shit...am I supposed to realy be working here? (looks around) Ya, that's what I thought, everyone else is surfing the web too.
- » 5/23/2005 8:39 AM
- Weetzie commented:
ahhh....so like MY day....
- » 5/23/2005 8:49 AM
- Random and Odd commented:
post another video of you singing...or drooling over Bo on Tuesday night would fit PERFECTLY on that list.
- » 5/23/2005 9:27 AM
- Cat commented:
- » 5/23/2005 10:00 AM
- mrtl commented:
You know that during our four hours together, Constantine was not mentioned AT ALL??? How queer!
- » 5/23/2005 10:41 AM
- Cat commented:
OMG! That is SO FREAKING STRANGE, isn't it? I suppose it's just 'cuz he's so special and all... I can't just throw his name around all willy-nilly-like, now can I?! Besides which, we were pretty busy discussing John Stamos, if I remember correctly, KELLY.
"Jake in Progress" is coming back! Wooooooo!
- » 5/23/2005 11:14 AM
- Nessa commented:
that's my day too!!! except the buns of steel, but fashion police & kristin get a nod!
- » 5/23/2005 11:24 AM
- KC commented:
I've found there's a way to minimize the browser window so that if I then open a Word document, I can make it look like I'm typing a contract or a memo. It's genius.
I swear if our bosses knew how much creativity and industriousness it takes to look busy - they'd give us all raises.
- » 5/23/2005 1:36 PM
- kalki commented:
What?! JS came up like...ONCE. Maybe twice. Definitely no more than 3 times.
I'm so glad to have found a fellow Jake in Progress fan! But MIDSEASON? I've said it before and I'll say it again: That shit ain't right.
- » 5/23/2005 1:53 PM