That was Then:
This is Now:
In honor of my little Tater Tot's 6th b-day today, with no further ado, I present Ten Absolutely Fabulous Reasons to Love Alli Tate:
10. Right as she wakes up, she does this little stretch-slash-yawn thing, where she scrunches up her nose, balls up her little fists, throws her arms above her head, arches (stiffening like a board, I tell you!) and yawns like a dazed little kitty waking after an afternoon of lazing in the sun... Aaaaaw! Cute! She has done this since the day she was born. Every stinkin' time the girl wakes up. It's inevitable. And impossible to check, or stop, once she starts... (we've tried, actually... you know. For fun?). Sttttrrreeeeetttttcchhhh...
9. She likes to shake her booty. With her momma. To Lady Marmalade. In the Naughty Zone (tm mrtl).
8. When she walks down the halls at school, everyone, from kindergarten to 6th grade, seems to know her name. Even most of the teachers. She's, like, the school's very own Hillary freakin' Duff, but more popular, I kid you not. It's "Hey, Allison!" and "Hi, Alli!" and "Allison! Over here!" and "It's Allison! Aaaaahhhhh! Alli!" all the way down the hallway. I would not be surprised if someone approached her for her autograph at this point, that's how excited these kids are to see her. She just smiles and waves and shouts "Hi!" back to every single one of her fans, and in between each "hi," she turns to me and says, all casual-like, "That's my friend (insert name here). Cool, huh?"
7. She gives AWESOME hugs. And sloppy wet kisses. On the lips. Or anywhere she can reach.
5. She loves Annie as much as I did (fine, still DO), and carries on the tradition of extremely loud, utterly annoying, and terrifyingly endearing solo virtuoso performances. Of every freaking song. Especially, You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile. ("You're never fully dressed... UH!!") Anywhere. And everywhere. And those "UH!" hip thrusts can be pretty hilarious, y'all. And a bit embarrassing, actually. Heh.
4. When I am sick and fast asleep in bed, she will quietly sneak into my bedroom and leave little pictures she has drawn of herself and me, with gossamer wings, in pink ruffled fairy princess dresses and jeweled crowns, flying through an enchanted forest, with bouquets of flowers in our hands, and the words, "i lik mi mom" printed across the bottom in beautiful, painstaking, five-year-old scrawl.
3. After watching Ellen with me and learning to her giddy delight that Polish people call the buttocks a "dupa," (Thank you, Kristen Bell, AKA: Veronica Mars!) my youngest, sassiest daughter walked up to me, gave me this look:
and purred, "Hey, Momma! Check out my supa dupa!"
2. She is just... FUN. Always. The life of the party. HILARIOUS! She makes me laugh. My little clown. See?
No one can resist the natural charm of this "Cutie." I'm not kidding. No, no, and NO. It is futile to resist, folks. FUTILE.
(Huh. "Futile" is a weird word. Futile. Futilefutilefutile...)
1. She's my baby. 'Nuff said.
- KC commented:
She's such a pretty girl. And I have a soft spot for enthusiastic, outgoing supersmart kids. And it sounds like she is all of that.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLI!
- » 6/08/2005 10:48 AM
- Amy commented:
What a great kid! You could have done 50 things and I would have eaten em up, heck, 100! I love details about awesome gals that do karate and that little smile with those bright eyes. What a treasure.
- » 6/08/2005 11:03 AM
- Annejelynn commented:
she is a super uber cutie patootie!
- » 6/08/2005 11:43 AM
- Random and Odd commented:
Yeah, we totally need to get our kids together.
It might be dangerous though!!
- » 6/08/2005 11:58 AM
- Nessa commented:
I can't resist the charm & I've only seen her through the net & I don't even know you people!!! Once again - your babies are GORGEOUS!!!!!!
- » 6/08/2005 12:22 PM
- Circus Kelli commented:
Hey, Alli! Over here! Happy Birthday Alli!
You da bomb diggity! :)
- » 6/08/2005 12:47 PM
- ieatcrayonz commented:
Oh, that is so sweet. I have to admit that I got a little sad seeing the first two pictures. It's not fair that they grow up SO damn fast.
Sassy Supa dupa! That is one for the memory books for sure.
The last picture is da bomb. Oh, those glasses are the icing on the cake. What a riot and definitely worthy of the shirt she's wearing.
Happy B-day little tot.
- » 6/08/2005 1:03 PM
- WILLIAM commented:
- » 6/08/2005 1:48 PM
- kalki commented:
She reminds me so much of YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALLI!!
- » 6/08/2005 3:10 PM
- mrtl commented:
Kalki took my comment.
Happy Birthday Allison!!
- » 6/08/2005 5:31 PM
- Vajana commented:
Now all we need is video of that "UH" and we'll all be smilin'.
Happy birthday Alli!!!!
- » 6/08/2005 7:01 PM
- Bente commented:
She's beautiful, and such a cutie pie! Happy 6th Birthday Alli!
- » 6/08/2005 9:15 PM
- Greenthumb commented:
This child needs to be the U.S. Ambassador to the U.N., she could single handedly improve U.S. relations with just one "Check out my supa-dupa" moves.
Seriously though, kalki is right...she reminds me of you. Personalityx10.
- » 6/10/2005 9:04 AM
- LadyBug commented:
Have I visited here before? Surely I have. But I don't think I've commented? I dunno. Anyway. I'm lovin' your blog, and this entry in particular, since my own Miss Attitude is a big six-year-old. Oh, pardon me...six AND A HALF.
Your little Alli is a cutie.
- » 6/14/2005 1:08 PM