"Good dreams please come in... good dreams PLEASE come in..."
I'm tired, but I can't sleep.
Top Five Reasons Why the Desperate Working Momma Can't Seem to Get any Shut-Eye:
1. Spent better part of the morning being frightened out of my wits at the Subcommittee on Prevention of Nuclear and Biological Attack Hearing aptly entitled: "Engineering Bio-Terror Agents: Lessons from the Offensive U.S. and Russian Biological Weapons Program," in which three expert witnesses testified before the House Homeland Security Committee regarding terrorists' ability to develop and use catastrophic biological weapons.
Plain English? Two words: SUICIDE COUGHERS. As if I wasn't enough of a germaphobe! Need I say more?
2. Senator Hilary Clinton, up close and personal, on the floor of the Senate, in-- I kid you not-- the brightest, pinkest, fugliest blazer ever. EVER! Hmmm. She is not quite as... horsey as I had always imagined, but it was frightening enough. My eyes? They burn. Need I say more?
3. And, hello? These pictures sure didn't help things much. Thanks a WHOLE LOT, mrtl! Freaking hell! Gosh!
Honestly, woman. Need I say more?
4. Frantically submitting paper after paper after paper after paper in the hopes of getting everything together so we can close on our new home by Monday! MONDAY! Whose brilliant ideas was this anyway, huh?! HUH?! Fine! I KNOW, RIGHT?! IT WAS TOTALLY MINE!! Boo.
Need I...? Aaaw, forget it.5. My Secret Greek Idol Luvah hasn't called me yet. And I totally wore the t-shirt and EVERYTHING!
Luvah?! 'Sup? Why you gotta be like that, Connie? What, you're all busy with the AI Pop Tarts Tour, hangin' with Baby V and CareBear and Bo Bice and the A-Fed and shizz, and can't take the time to just pick up the freaking phone? Huh? Is that how you're gonna play it, luvah?
Whatev. I'm so over it.
(Call me.) link | posted by Cat at 11:47 PM
- not-so-normal mom commented:
I am CRACKING UP! You are so cute and neurotic. I am not at all a germaphobe. But bioterrorism does scare me. I don't think I could have sat through that meeting! You are so brave. Especially for looking directly into the pinkness of Hillary. Brave. Oh, and don't worry about Constantine not calling you. I'm sure he's thinking about you all the time. Maybe he just hasn't worked up the courage yet. And way cool about the house. I bet you can't wait!!!! Congrats.
- » 7/13/2005 9:49 PM
- Your Greek God commented:
Cat, babe, we have DISCUSSED this. I am not calling you when your husband is around. If you want to see me, come by BK while I'm working. PS - you looked hot in that shirt, but I looked hotter on it.
- » 7/13/2005 10:05 PM
- mrtl commented:
You are too funny, Cat. Didn't I give you a nice diversion for the neddamsrm pics?
- » 7/13/2005 11:27 PM
- Random and Odd commented:
Why can't you ever have insomnia when I want to stay up and chat???
- » 7/14/2005 3:41 AM